Hindi translation of contemporary
contemporaryPowered by COBUILD /kənˈtempərəri, Am -pəreri कनˈटेम्परअरी Am -परेरी/
Word forms: contemporaries
Definitions and Translations
Contemporary means existing now or at the time you are talking about.
⇒ ...contemporary music.
⇒ contemporary art/music/design/society/culture ⇒ contemporary artist/composer
SIMILAR WORDSmodern, present-day, current
2. countable noun
Someone's contemporaries are people who are or were alive at the same time as them.
समकालीन व्यक्ति mn
⇒ ...Shakespeare and his contemporaries.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'contemporary'
What I really wanted was a bronze, a genuine contemporary bronze, Rodin's work, at the time.The Gwen John Sculpture
He's supposed to have one of the finest collections of contemporary art in the country.Miss Melville Regrets
The last time I saw you, you were on the verge of becoming past history rather than a subject for contemporary studies.The Ancient and Solitary Reign
Trends of 'contemporary'
View usage over:
'contemporary' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُعَاصِر
- Brazilian Portuguese: contemporâneo contemporânea
- Chinese: 当代的
- Croatian: suvremen suvremena
- Czech: současný
- Danish: samtidig
- Dutch: eigentijds
- European Spanish: contemporáneo contemporánea
- Finnish: nykyajan
- French: contemporain
- German: zeitgenössisch
- Greek: σύγχρονος σύγχρονη
- Italian: contemporaneo contemporanea
- Japanese: 現代の
- Korean: 동시대의
- Norwegian: samtidig
- Polish: współczesny współczesna
- Portuguese: contemporâneo contemporânea
- Romanian: contemporan contemporan, contemporană, contemporani, contemporane
- Russian: современный современная
- Spanish: contemporáneo contemporánea
- Swedish: samtidig samtidigt
- Thai: ร่วมสมัย
- Turkish: çağdaş
- Ukrainian: сучасний
- Vietnamese: đương thời
Translation of contemporary from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary