Hindi translation of 'corrupt'
corrupt /kəˈrʌpt कअˈरप्ट्/
Word forms: corrupts, corrupting, corrupted
A corrupt person behaves in a way that is morally wrong, especially by doing illegal things for money.
a corrupt politician/official/regime
SIMILAR WORDSdishonest, unscrupulous
2. transitive verb
If someone is corrupted by something, it causes them to become dishonest and unable to be trusted.
भ्रष्ट हो जाना
He was corrupted by the desire for money.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'corrupt'
Altering my work to comply with an arbitrary set of rules would be artistically corrupt.LOVE YOU MADLY (2002)
The town still had the dilapidated, corrupt feeling he remembered from the sixties.Yellow Bird
Arnold was half convinced that Minford had a corrupt streak.A Trout in the Milk
Trends of 'corrupt'
View usage over:
'corrupt' in Other Languages
- Arabic: فَاسِد
- Brazilian Portuguese: corrupto corrupta
- Chinese: 腐败的
- Croatian: korumpiran korumpirana
- Czech: zkorumpovaný
- Danish: korrupt
- Dutch: corrupt
- European Spanish: corrupto corrupta
- Finnish: lahjottu
- French: corrompu
- German: korrupt
- Greek: διεφθαρμένος διεφθαρμένη
- Italian: corrotto corrotta
- Japanese: 腐敗した
- Korean: 타락한
- Norwegian: korrupt
- Polish: skorumpowany skorumpowana
- Portuguese: corrupto corrupta
- Romanian: corupt corupt, coruptă, corupți, corupte
- Russian: порочный порочная
- Spanish: corrupto corrupta
- Swedish: korrumperad korrumperat
- Thai: ทุจริต
- Turkish: yozlaşmış
- Ukrainian: продажний
- Vietnamese: tham nhũng
Translation of corrupt from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary