Hindi translation of cross-country
cross-countryPowered by COBUILD
Definitions and Translations
1. uncountable noun
Cross-country is the sport of running, riding, or skiing across open countryside.
देहात के इलाके से होकर गुजरने वाली दौड़ प्रतियोगिता nf
2. adjective before noun, adverb
A cross-country journey involves less important roads or railway lines, or takes you from one side of a country to the other.
अंतर्देशीय/अंतर्दीशीय रूप से
⇒ ...cross-country rail services. ⇒ I drove cross-country in his van.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'cross-country'
It was too early for much traffic, and on the cross-country roads I made it to Thetford in a bit over half an hour.Time of the Wolf
You could enjoy a crisp, deft cross-country blind, or pootle along behind a pair of sight-seeing pensioners, with equal content.Death and Transfiguration
Had he, a stranger from a couple of hundred miles away, walked either along the forest roads or cross-country ?Death and Transfiguration
'cross-country' in Other Languages
- Arabic: سِبَاقُ الضَّاحِيَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: cross-country esporte
- Chinese: 越野运动
- Croatian: kros
- Czech: přespolní běh
- Danish: terrænløb
- Dutch: crosscountry
- European Spanish: carrera a campo traviesa
- Finnish: maasto- impossible to use without stating what kind of race it is, etc.
- French: cross country
- German: Geländelauf Geländeläufe
- Greek: κρος κάντρι
- Italian: corsa campestre
- Japanese: クロスカントリー
- Korean: 크로스컨트리 경주
- Norwegian: terrengløp
- Polish: bieg przełajowy
- Portuguese: corrida a corta-mato desporto
- Romanian: cursă pe teren accidentat curse pe teren accidentat
- Russian: гонка по пересеченной местности
- Spanish: carrera a campo traviesa
- Swedish: längdåkning
- Thai: ข้ามประเทศ
- Turkish: arazide
- Ukrainian: перегони по бездоріжжю
- Vietnamese: cuộc đua việt dã
Translation of cross-country from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary