Hindi translation of 'curfew'
curfew /ˈkɜːfjuː ˈकअफ़्यू/
Word forms: curfews
A curfew is a law stating that people must stay inside their houses after a particular time at night.
The village was placed under curfew.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'curfew'
Lomé was a ghost town now, the people who remained imposed their own curfew.BLOOD IS DIRT (2002)
361 Chapter 42 Hanna no longer goes home every night because of the curfew.SEA MUSIC (2003)
Eight-fifty p. m. There was a car coming, its engine drowning out the wail of the distant Kabul curfew siren.Kara Kush
Trends of 'curfew'
View usage over:
'curfew' in Other Languages
- Arabic: حَظْرُ التَّجَوُّل
- Brazilian Portuguese: horário de recolher
- Chinese: 宵禁
- Croatian: redarstveni sat
- Czech: zákaz vycházení
- Danish: spærretid
- Dutch: avondklok
- European Spanish: toque de queda
- Finnish: ulkonaliikkumiskielto
- French: couvre-feu
- German: Ausgangssperre
- Greek: απαγόρευση κυκλοφορίας
- Italian: coprifuoco
- Japanese: 夜間外出禁止令
- Korean: 통행 금지
- Norwegian: portforbud
- Polish: godzina policyjna
- Portuguese: recolher obrigatório
- Romanian: interdicția de a părăsi locuințele pe timp de noapte
- Russian: комендантский час
- Spanish: toque de queda
- Swedish: utegångsförbud
- Thai: การห้ามออกนอกบ้านยามวิกาล
- Turkish: karartma
- Ukrainian: комендантська година
- Vietnamese: lệnh giới nghiêm
Translation of curfew from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary