Hindi translation of 'decisive'
decisive /dɪˈsaɪsɪv डिˈसाइसिव़्/
If a fact, action, or event is decisive, it makes it certain that there will be a particular result.
The campaign entered its final, decisive phase.
निर्णयात्मक ढंग से
The plan was decisively rejected.
If someone is decisive, they have the ability to make quick decisions.
He should give way to a younger, more decisive leader.
निर्णयात्मक तरीके से
'I'll call for you at half ten,' she said decisively.
decisiveness uncountable noun
निर्णयात्मक क्षमता nf
His supporters admire his decisiveness.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'decisive'
She played the mother card, suddenly decisive , peremptory, the card that Gwen had always played with her.Lost Children
He is a forceful, decisive man who is acting out of character.Cover Story
Strike while the iron's hot, while you're feeling decisive.Whistler in the Dark
Trends of 'decisive'
View usage over:
'decisive' in Other Languages
- Arabic: حَاسِم
- Brazilian Portuguese: decisivo decisiva
- Chinese: 决定性的
- Croatian: odlučan odlučna
- Czech: rozhodující
- Danish: afgørende
- Dutch: beslissend
- European Spanish: decisivo decisiva
- Finnish: ratkaiseva
- French: décisif
- German: entschlossen
- Greek: αποφασιστικός αποφασιστική
- Italian: decisivo decisiva
- Japanese: 決定的な
- Korean: 결정적인
- Norwegian: avgjørende
- Polish: decydujący decydująca
- Portuguese: decisivo decisiva
- Romanian: decisiv decisiv, decisivă, decisivi, decisive
- Russian: решительный решительная
- Spanish: decisivo decisiva
- Swedish: beslutsam beslutsamt
- Thai: ซึ่งลงความเห็นแล้ว
- Turkish: belirleyici
- Ukrainian: рішучий
- Vietnamese: mang tính quyết định
Translation of decisive from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary