Hindi translation of 'depressed'
depressed /dɪˈprest डिˈप्रेस्ट्/
If you are depressed, you are sad and feel you cannot enjoy anything, because your situation is difficult and unpleasant.
He seemed depressed when he heard the news.
A depressed place or industry does not have enough business or employment to be prosperous.
The construction industry is depressed.
a depressed region/area
a depressed market/sector
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'depressed'
But you do have a depressed skull fracture and there was pressure on the brain.CASCADES - THE DAY OF THE DEAD (2001)
Always stimulated by business discussions, Todd's depressed mood had lifted.Final Resort
The news seemed to have invigorated rather than depressed her.Murky Shallows
Trends of 'depressed'
View usage over:
'depressed' in Other Languages
- Arabic: حَزين
- Brazilian Portuguese: deprimido deprimida
- Chinese: 抑郁的
- Croatian: deprimiran deprimirana
- Czech: deprimovaný
- Danish: deprimeret
- Dutch: depressief
- European Spanish: deprimido deprimida
- Finnish: masentunut
- French: déprimé
- German: deprimiert
- Greek: θλιμμένος θλιμμένη
- Italian: depresso depressa
- Japanese: 意気消沈した
- Korean: 기운이 없는
- Norwegian: nedtrykt
- Polish: przygnębiony przygnębiona
- Portuguese: deprimido deprimida
- Romanian: deprimat deprimat, deprimată, deprimați, deprimate
- Russian: угнетенный угнетенная
- Spanish: deprimido deprimida
- Swedish: deprimerad deprimerat
- Thai: หดหู่
- Turkish: canı sıkkın
- Ukrainian: пригнічений
- Vietnamese: chán nản
Translation of depressed from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary