Hindi translation of 'desperate'
desperate /ˈdespərət ˈडेस्परअट्/
If you are desperate, you are in such a bad situation that you will try anything to change it.
...a desperate attempt to hijack a plane.
Many refugees were desperate to leave.
निराशोन्मत्त रूप से
I tried desperately to help him.
2. adjective after link verb
If you are desperate for something or desperate to do something, you want to have it or do it very much.
बहुत अधिक चाह रखने वाला
People are desperate for him to do something.
बुरी तरह से
The boy desperately needed affection.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'desperate'
I'd be lost in the thousands of yelling fans desperate to welcome Jett back in triumph to his home town.DEAD BEAT (2002)
Now they had formed a ring with the children at the center, a last desperate defense.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
Certainly for him things are never going to be more desperate.CASCADES - THE DAY OF THE DEAD (2001)
Trends of 'desperate'
View usage over:
'desperate' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يَائِس
- Brazilian Portuguese: desesperado desesperada
- Chinese: 绝望的
- Croatian: očajan očajna
- Czech: zoufalý
- Danish: desperat
- Dutch: wanhopig
- European Spanish: desesperado desesperada
- Finnish: epätoivoinen
- French: désespéré
- German: verzweifelt
- Greek: απελπισμένος απελπισμένη
- Italian: disperato disperata
- Japanese: 必死の
- Korean: 절망적인
- Norwegian: desperat
- Polish: zdesperowany zdesperowana
- Portuguese: desesperado desesperada
- Romanian: disperat desperat, desperată, desperați, desperate
- Russian: отчаянный отчаянная
- Spanish: desesperado desesperada
- Swedish: desperat
- Thai: ซึ่งสิ้นหวัง
- Turkish: umutsuz
- Ukrainian: відчайдушний
- Vietnamese: liều lĩnh
Translation of desperate from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary