Hindi translation of 'dial'
dial /daɪəl डाइअल्/
Word forms: dials, dialling, dialled or [Am] dialing, dialed
1. countable noun
The dial on a clock or meter is the part where the time or a measurement is indicated.
2. countable noun
The dial on a radio is the control which you move in order to change the frequency.
रेडियो का डायल mn
3. countable noun
The dial on some telephones is a circular disc that you rotate according to the number that you want to call.
फ़ोन का डायल mn
4. transitive or intransitive verb
If you dial, or if you dial a number, you turn the dial or press the buttons on a telephone.
फ़ोन मिलाना या डायल करना/फ़ोन का नंबर मिलाना या नंबर डायल करना
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'dial'
Milton Karp steered erratically with his left hand while he spun the car radio dial with his right.The Unorthodox Murder of Rabbi Moss
Wilshere pulled himself up to the safe, entered the combination into the dial.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
There was silence for a moment; then the dial tone burrowed against his ear.Murder Song
Trends of 'dial'
View usage over:
'dial' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يُدِيرُ قُرْصَ الهَاتِف
- Brazilian Portuguese: discar
- Chinese: 拨号
- Croatian: nazvati
- Czech: vytočit vytáčetčíslo
- Danish: ringe
- Dutch: draaien kiezen
- European Spanish: marcar teléfono
- Finnish: valita numero puhelimella
- French: composer téléphone
- German: wählen Telefon
- Greek: παίρνω τηλέφωνο
- Italian: comporre
- Japanese: ダイヤルする
- Korean: 전화를 걸다
- Norwegian: ringe
- Polish: wybrać numer wybierać numer
- Portuguese: discar
- Romanian: a forma un număr
- Russian: набирать номер
- Spanish: marcar pulsar en un teléfono los números
- Swedish: slå ett nummer
- Thai: หมุน
- Turkish: tuşlamak telefon
- Ukrainian: набирати номер набрати номер
- Vietnamese: quay số
Translation of dial from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary