Hindi translation of 'dole'
dole /dəʊl डअउल्/
Word forms: doles, doling, doled
1. uncountable noun
In British English, the dole is money that is given regularly by the government to people who are unemployed. The usual American word is welfare.
बेरोजगारी अनुदान mn
In British English, someone who is on the dole is registered as unemployed and receives money to live on from the government. The usual American expression is on welfare.
बेरोजगारी अनुदान पाने वाला
If you dole something out, you give a certain amount of it to each member of a group.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'dole'
A hungry prune, because when you're broke the Chancellor simply refuses dole.The Tartan Ringers
Living on the dole , you don't have much to spare for such luxuries.Come and Be Killed
The aggro that children dole out along with the pleasure they bring.Out of the Ashes
Trends of 'dole'
View usage over:
'dole' in Other Languages
- Arabic: إِعَانَةٌ لـِمُتَعَطِّليـن
- Brazilian Portuguese: auxílio desemprego
- Chinese: 救济金
- Croatian: novčana potpora
- Czech: podpora v nezaměstnanosti
- Danish: arbejdsløshedsunderstøttelse
- Dutch: uitkering
- European Spanish: subsidio de desempleo
- Finnish: työttömyyskorvaus
- French: chômage
- German: Arbeitslosenunterstützung
- Greek: επίδομα ανεργίας
- Italian: sussidio di disoccupazione
- Japanese: 失業手当
- Korean: 실업 수당
- Norwegian: utdeling
- Polish: zasiłek dla bezrobotnych
- Portuguese: esmola
- Romanian: ajutor de șomaj ajutoare de șomaj
- Russian: пособие по безработице
- Spanish: subsidio de desempleo
- Swedish: arbetslöshetsunderstöd
- Thai: เงินที่รัฐบาลให้กับคนว่างงานทุกเดือน
- Turkish: yoksulluk yardımı
- Ukrainian: допомога через безробіття
- Vietnamese: tiền trợ cấp thất nghiệp
Translation of dole from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary