Hindi translation of 'drowsy'
drowsy /ˈdraʊzi ˈड्राउज़ी/
Word forms: drowsier, drowsiest
If you are drowsy, you feel sleepy and cannot think clearly.
He felt pleasantly drowsy.
drowsiness uncountable noun
Big meals during the day cause drowsiness.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'drowsy'
He showered and lay on his bed smoking and sinking into a drowsy sensuality.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
I packed him off to bed early when he suddenly turned drowsy and heaven send he sleeps right through.Challenge for the Chalet School
She was beginning to feel drowsy again, undoubtedly the pills kicking in.I.O.U. - Someone Has to Pay
Trends of 'drowsy'
View usage over:
'drowsy' in Other Languages
- Arabic: نَعْسَان
- Brazilian Portuguese: sonolento sonolenta
- Chinese: 倦睡的
- Croatian: omamljen omamljena
- Czech: ospalý
- Danish: døsig
- Dutch: slaperig
- European Spanish: somnoliento somnolientaamodorrado
- Finnish: uninen
- French: endormi
- German: schläfrig
- Greek: νυσταγμένος νυσταγμένη
- Italian: sonnolento sonnolenta
- Japanese: 眠い
- Korean: 졸리는
- Norwegian: døsig
- Polish: senny senna
- Portuguese: sonolento sonolenta
- Romanian: moleșit moleșit, moleșită, moleșiți, moleșite
- Russian: дремлющий дремлющая
- Spanish: somnoliento somnolienta
- Swedish: sömnig sömnigt
- Thai: เซื่องซึม
- Turkish: uykulu
- Ukrainian: сонливий
- Vietnamese: buồn ngủ
Translation of drowsy from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary