Hindi translation of 'dubious'
dubious /ˈdjuːbiəs, Am ˈduː- ˈड्यूबीअस् Am ˈडू-/
You describe something as dubious when you think it is not completely honest, safe, or reliable.
This claim seems rather dubious.
2. adjective after link verb
If you are dubious about something, you are unsure about it.
My parents were a bit dubious about it all at first.
संदेह की नज़र से
He looked at Coyne dubiously.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'dubious'
He hoped Emma was convinced, but when she spoke again she still sounded a bit dubious.HIDING FROM THE LIGHT
Debbie Price and the head porter exchanged dubious looks, but there was no denying the urgency in Brand's voice.The Sound of Murder
The paramedics from the expensive ambulance had been dubious , reluctant to comment.The Last Raven
Trends of 'dubious'
View usage over:
'dubious' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُريِب
- Brazilian Portuguese: duvidoso duvidosa
- Chinese: 暧昧的
- Croatian: dvojben dvojbena
- Czech: pochybný
- Danish: tvivlsom
- Dutch: dubieus
- European Spanish: dudoso dudosa
- Finnish: epäilyttävä
- French: douteux douteuse
- German: zweifelhaft
- Greek: διφορούμενος διφορούμενη
- Italian: incerto incerta
- Japanese: 怪しげな
- Korean: 의심스러운
- Norwegian: tvilsom
- Polish: wątpliwy wątpliwa
- Portuguese: duvidoso duvidosa
- Romanian: dubios dubios, dubioasa, dubioși, dubioase
- Russian: сомнительный сомнительная
- Spanish: dudoso dudosa
- Swedish: tvivelaktig tvivelaktigt
- Thai: น่าสงสัย
- Turkish: kuşkulu
- Ukrainian: сумнівний
- Vietnamese: đáng ngờ
Translation of dubious from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary