Hindi translation of 'electric'
electric /ɪˈlektrɪk इˈलेक्ट्रिक्/
1. adjective before noun
An electric device works by means of electricity.
बिजली से चलने वाला
an electric motor/heater/guitar
an electric current/shock
2. adjective before noun
An electric current, voltage, or charge is one that is produced by electricity. Electric plugs, sockets, or power lines are designed to carry electricity.
If you describe the atmosphere of a place or event as electric, you mean that people are in a state of great excitement.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'electric'
Both his own conceptions had passed without any noticeable change in the electric current.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
The topmost windows shone brighter with the reflected dawn than those which glowed with electric light.The Last Raven
Nield had a more electric personality, a man for an emergency.Cover Story
Trends of 'electric'
View usage over:
'electric' in Other Languages
- Arabic: كَهْرَبائِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: elétrico elétrica
- Chinese: 电的
- Croatian: električan električna
- Czech: elektrický
- Danish: elektrisk
- Dutch: elektrisch
- European Spanish: eléctrico eléctrica
- Finnish: sähköinen
- French: électrique
- German: elektrisch
- Greek: ηλεκτρικός ηλεκτρική
- Italian: elettrico elettrica
- Japanese: 電気の
- Korean: 전기의
- Norwegian: elektrisk
- Polish: elektryczny elektryczna
- Portuguese: elétrico elétrica
- Romanian: electric electrică, electrici, electrice
- Russian: электрический электрическая
- Spanish: eléctrico eléctrica
- Swedish: elektrisk elektriskt
- Thai: เกี่ยวกับไฟฟ้า
- Turkish: elektrikli
- Ukrainian: електричний
- Vietnamese: điện
Translation of electric from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary