Hindi translation of 'engaged'
engaged /ɪnˈɡeɪdʒd इनˈगेइज्ड्/
If two people are engaged, they have agreed to marry each other.
2. adjective after link verb
Someone who is engaged in or on a particular activity is doing it or involved with it.
(किसी काम में) व्यस्त होना
Mike was engaged on the most exciting work of his career.
3. adjective after link verb
When a telephone line is engaged, it is already being used, so that you are unable to speak to the person you are phoning.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'engaged'
Carol sat up straight, assuming the body language of someone engaged in serious discourse.THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
Moving into that had been exhausting too, but in a nice way as we'd got engaged just two weeks before.RESCUING ROSE (2002)
The fit of bravery that had come over her as a result of hearing that Caroline and Tom were engaged had receded somewhat.JUST BETWEEN US (2002)
Trends of 'engaged'
View usage over:
'engaged' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَشْغُول
- Brazilian Portuguese: envolvido envolvida
- Chinese: 使用中的
- Croatian: uključen u
- Czech: zapojený do činnosti
- Danish: optaget af
- Dutch: betrokken
- European Spanish: ocupado
- Finnish: kiireinen
- French: occupé
- German: beschäftigt mit
- Greek: δεσμευμένος δεσμευμένη
- Italian: occupato occupata
- Japanese: 婚約している
- Korean: 바쁜
- Norwegian: opptatt
- Polish: zajęty zajęta
- Portuguese: envolvido envolvida
- Romanian: implicat implicată, implicați, implicate
- Russian: занятой занятая
- Spanish: comprometido comprometida
- Swedish: upptagen upptaget
- Thai: มีส่วนร่วม
- Turkish: meşgul
- Ukrainian: зайнятий
- Vietnamese: mắc bận
Translation of engaged from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary