Hindi translation of 'excessive'
excessive /ɪkˈsesɪv इकˈसेसिव़्/
If something is excessive, it is too great in amount or degree.
...the use of excessive force by police.
an excessive punishment/sentence/fine
SET PHRASESexcessive and disproportionate
SIMILAR WORDSinordinate, undue, exorbitant
अत्यधिक रूप से
...excessively high wages.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'excessive'
But then, Bardo was an open, expansive man who liked to flaunt his way of living, however excessive or careless.The Broken God
There was a fire in the grate, but the rather excessive heat of the room came from a large radiator.Murder Moves In
Heroic PC brings down serial killer and ends up being charged with using excessive force.AFTERMATH (2001)
Trends of 'excessive'
View usage over:
'excessive' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُفْرِط
- Brazilian Portuguese: excessivo excessiva
- Chinese: 过多的
- Croatian: pretjeran pretjerana
- Czech: nadměrný
- Danish: overdreven
- Dutch: buitensporig
- European Spanish: excesivo excesiva
- Finnish: liiallinen
- French: excessif
- German: übermäßig
- Greek: υπέρμετρος υπέρμετρη
- Italian: eccessivo eccessiva
- Japanese: 度を超えた
- Korean: 과도한
- Norwegian: overdreven
- Polish: nadmierny nadmierna
- Portuguese: excessivo excessiva
- Romanian: exagerat exagerată, exagerați, exagerate
- Russian: избыточный избыточная
- Spanish: excesivo excesiva
- Swedish: överdriven överdrivet
- Thai: ซึ่งมากเกินความจำเป็น
- Turkish: aşırı
- Ukrainian: надмірний
- Vietnamese: quá mức
Translation of excessive from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary