Hindi translation of 'executive'
executive /ɪɡˈzekjʊtɪv इगˈज़ेक्युटिव़्/
Word forms: executives
1. countable noun
An executive is someone employed by a company at a senior level.
appoint an executive
a chief/senior/top executive
a marketing/advertising/television/industry executive
SIMILAR WORDSdirector, official, manager
2. singular noun
The executive of an organization is a committee which makes important decisions.
Some executive members want him to leave.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'executive'
I've got a valid visa, I've even got a credit as executive producer.A Song at Twilight
Within five minutes it was referred to the Commander who had to make the executive decisions.The Innocents at Home (A Superintendent Kenworthy novel)
Their mood was not eased by the presence of a member of the POA's national executive.Riot
Trends of 'executive'
View usage over:
'executive' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُدِير مدير
- Brazilian Portuguese: executivo executiva
- Chinese: 管理人员
- Croatian: rukovoditelj rukovoditeljica
- Czech: vedoucí pracovník vedoucí pracovnice
- Danish: leder
- Dutch: leidinggevend persoon
- European Spanish: ejecutivo ejecutiva
- Finnish: johtaja yhtiön
- French: cadre emploi
- German: leitender Angestellter leitende Angestellte
- Greek: στέλεχος εταιρεία
- Italian: dirigente
- Japanese: エグゼクティブ
- Korean: 실행위원
- Norwegian: direktør
- Polish: kierownik kierowniczka
- Portuguese: executivo executiva
- Romanian: director directori
- Russian: член правления
- Spanish: ejecutivo ejecutiva
- Swedish: verkställande
- Thai: ผู้บริหาร
- Turkish: yönetici
- Ukrainian: виконавчий
- Vietnamese: chuyên viên
Translation of executive from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary