Hindi translation of 'forbidden'
forbidden /fəˈbɪdən फ़अˈबिडन्/
If something is forbidden, you are not allowed to do it or have it.
Eating was forbidden.
It is forbidden to drive faster than 20mph.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'forbidden'
They had no secrets, and quite openly discussed forbidden topics.Death of an Unknown Man
They lived in an Eden of the senses where the only forbidden fruit was borne of the tree of knowledge.Compulsion
His wife's desertion had embittered him, and her name was forbidden to be mentioned.The Ambassador's Women
Trends of 'forbidden'
View usage over:
'forbidden' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مـَمْنُوع
- Brazilian Portuguese: proibido proibida
- Chinese: 禁止的
- Croatian: zabranjen zabranjena
- Czech: zakázaný
- Danish: forbudt
- Dutch: verboden
- European Spanish: prohibido prohibida
- Finnish: kielletty
- French: interdit
- German: verboten
- Greek: απαγορευμένος απαγορευμένη
- Italian: vietato vietata
- Japanese: 禁じられた
- Korean: 금지된
- Norwegian: forbudt
- Polish: zakazany zakazana
- Portuguese: proibido proibida
- Romanian: interzis interzis, interzisă, interziși, interzise
- Russian: запрещенный запрещенная
- Spanish: prohibido prohibida
- Swedish: förbjuden förbjudet
- Thai: ไม่ได้รับอนุญาต
- Turkish: yasak
- Ukrainian: заборонений
- Vietnamese: bị cấm
Translation of forbidden from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary