Hindi translation of 'furlong'
furlong /ˈfɜːlɒŋ, Am -lɔːŋ ˈफ़अलॉङ् Am -लॉङ्/
Word forms: furlongs
A furlong is an imperial unit of length that is equal to 220 yards or 201.2 metres.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'furlong'
It hardly knocked him off course but it was enough to make him lose his nerve and he fell behind on the final furlong.Yellow Bird
But they had not gone more than a furlong when the storm returned with fresh fury.THE LORD OF THE RINGS (2004)
Round a bend, about a furlong from the main road, they met a stout barrier of old farm-carts upturned.THE LORD OF THE RINGS (2004)
Trends of 'furlong'
View usage over:
'furlong' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: medida que equivale a 201,17m
- Chinese: 浪 >长度单位，等于220码或201.2米
- European Spanish: medida de longitud equivalente a 201,2 metros
- French: furlong201 m
- German: Achtelmeile
- Italian: 201.17 mtermine ippico
- Japanese: ファーロング >長さの単位
- Korean: > 펄롱 201.2미터에 해당하는 길이
- Portuguese: medida que equivale a 201,17 m
- Spanish: medida de longitud equivalente a 201,2 metros
Translation of furlong from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary