Hindi translation of 'gallon'
gallon /ˈɡælən ˈगैलन्/
Word forms: gallons
A gallon is a unit of measurement for liquids that is equal to eight pints. In Britain, it is equal to 4.564 litres. In America, it is equal to 3.785 litres.
गैलन- द्रव मापने की एक इकाई nf
a gallon of something
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'gallon'
Mostly small trucks, some with enormous wheels; there wasn't a car there that looked like it did more than five miles to the gallon.LOOKING FOR ANDREW McCARTHY (2002)
He got out, went to the boot of the car and removed the two gallon buckets.Dansville
Stone had pointedly left a stack of clean sheets on the chair next to the bed and a gallon jug of laundry detergent on the drain board.Cormorant
Trends of 'gallon'
View usage over:
'gallon' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: galãoBrit = 4.5 litros, US = 3.8 litros
- Chinese: 加仑 >液体计量单位，合八品脱或3.785升
- European Spanish: galón= 8 pintas; Brit = 4,546 litros; US = 3,785 litros
- French: gallon4,543 litres
- German: Gallone
- Italian: galloneBrit = 4.543 l; 8 pints; US = 3.785 l
- Japanese: ガロン
- Korean: 갤런
- Portuguese: galão Brit = 4.5 litros, US = 3.8 litros
- Spanish: galón= 8 pintas; Brit = 4,546 litros; US = 3,785 litros
Translation of gallon from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary