Hindi translation of 'glare'
glare /ɡleə ग्लेअ/
Word forms: glares, glaring, glared
1. intransitive verb, countable noun
If you glare at someone, or if you give them a glare, you look at them angrily.
क्रोध भरी नजरों से देखना/क्रोध भरी नज़र nf
Joe glared at his brother.
The waiter avoided Harold's furious glare.
2. intransitive verb, singular noun
If the sun or a light glares, it shines with a very bright light which is difficult to look at, called a glare.
The sun glared down on the station platform.
...the glare of the headlights.
3. singular noun
If you are in the glare of publicity or public attention, you are constantly being watched and talked about by the public.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'glare'
We dumped our bags on the verandah of an empty house beneath the dull glare of a naked electric light bulb.High Stand
The rock music from a neighbouring funeral, the glare of the Pacific along the horizon.The Last Raven
The dazzling sunlight bounced back off the swimming pool, a painful emerald glare.Desperadoes
Trends of 'glare'
View usage over:
'glare' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يُحَمْلِقُ يسطع
- Brazilian Portuguese: afrontar
- Chinese: 怒视
- Croatian: bijesno zuriti
- Czech: dívat se podívat senasupeně
- Danish: skule
- Dutch: boos kijken
- European Spanish: deslumbrar
- Finnish: katsoa vihaisesti
- French: lancer un regard furieux
- German: wütend starren
- Greek: αγριοκοιτάζω
- Italian: guardare con occhio torvo
- Japanese: にらみつける
- Korean: 노려보다
- Norwegian: blende
- Polish: zaświecić świecić
- Portuguese: olhar fixamente
- Romanian: a privi urât la
- Russian: пристально или сердито смотреть
- Spanish: deslumbrar
- Swedish: stirra
- Thai: ส่องแสงเจิดจ้า
- Turkish: öfkeyle bakmak
- Ukrainian: суворо дивитися
- Vietnamese: nhìn trừng trừng
Translation of glare from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary