Hindi translation of 'grumpy'
grumpy /ˈɡrʌmpi ˈग्रम्पी/
Word forms: grumpier, grumpiest
If you say that someone is grumpy, you think they are bad-tempered and miserable.[informal]
चिड़चिड़े रूप से
I rolled grumpily out of bed.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'grumpy'
During most of the six days that had passed, Jupiter had moped and acted grumpy.Three in One
Been tiresomely tearful lately about the vegan Lothario & jolly grumpy about Keran always being around.AND GOD CREATED THE AU PAIR (2005)
He slept fitfully, uncomfortably, woke often feeling anxious, he was tired and irritable and grumpy when his alarm eventually rang.THE KINDEST USE A KNIFE (2002)
Trends of 'grumpy'
View usage over:
'grumpy' in Other Languages
- Arabic: نَكِد
- Brazilian Portuguese: emburrado emburrada
- Chinese: 脾气坏的
- Croatian: gunđav gunđava
- Czech: nevrlý
- Danish: gnaven
- Dutch: chagrijnig
- European Spanish: malhumorado malhumoradaser
- Finnish: pahantuulinen
- French: grognon
- German: mürrisch
- Greek: κατσούφης κατσούφα
- Italian: scontroso scontrosa
- Japanese: 気むずかしい
- Korean: 심술이 난
- Norwegian: gretten
- Polish: marudny marudna
- Portuguese: rabugento rabugenta
- Romanian: morocănos morocănos, morocănoasă, morocănoși, morocănoase
- Russian: несдержанный несдержанная
- Spanish: malhumorado malhumorada
- Swedish: sur surt
- Thai: อารมณ์บูดบึ้ง
- Turkish: huysuz
- Ukrainian: сварливий
- Vietnamese: bực bội
Translation of grumpy from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary