Hindi translation of 'haunted'
haunted /ˈhɔːntɪd ˈहॉन्टिड्/
A haunted building or other place is one where a ghost regularly appears.
Someone who has a haunted expression looks very worried or troubled.
She looked so haunted, I almost didn't recognize her.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'haunted'
It was also said to be haunted : there had once been a suicide there.The Innocents at Home (A Superintendent Kenworthy novel)
I kept seeing Jan Donagan's haunted eyes accusing me, it seemed, of all the evil in the world.Follow the Sharks
I've got troubles enough without Claridge here spreading some yarn about the inn being haunted.Something in the Water
Trends of 'haunted'
View usage over:
'haunted' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَكَانٌ يَتَرَدَّدُ عَلَيْهِ شَبَحٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: ódio assombrada
- Chinese: 闹鬼的
- Croatian: gdje ima duhova
- Czech: strašidelný pronásledovaný duchy
- Danish: hjemsøgt
- Dutch: door spoken bezeten
- European Spanish: embrujado embrujada
- Finnish: kummitus-
- French: hanté
- German: Spuk-
- Greek: στοιχειωμένος στοιχειωμένη
- Italian: stregato stregata
- Japanese: 幽霊が出没する
- Korean: 유령이 나오는
- Norwegian: hjemsøkt
- Polish: nawiedzany nawiedzana
- Portuguese: assombrado assombrada
- Romanian: bântuit bântuit, bântuită, bântuiți, bântuite
- Russian: с привидениями
- Spanish: embrujado embrujada
- Swedish: hemsökt
- Thai: ซึ่งสิงอยู่
- Turkish: perili
- Ukrainian: населений привидами
- Vietnamese: ma ám
Translation of haunted from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary