Hindi translation of 'hereditary'
hereditary /hɪˈredɪtri हिˈरेडिट्री/
A hereditary characteristic or illness is passed on to a child from its parents before it is born.
'Hunter Syndrome' is a rare hereditary disease.
a hereditary disease
a hereditary trait/characteristic/factor
SIMILAR WORDSgenetic, inherited
A hereditary title or position in society is passed on as a right from parent to child.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'hereditary'
That's odd enough for any girl of Lady Amy's pedigree, but odder still for the sister of Lord Lovell, who is the hereditary King's Defender.The White Dove
The post of prime minister is hereditary for them, not always father to son, but perhaps father to nephew to cousin, and so on.Tank of Serpents
In truth, one of Danlo's ancestors had illegally carked the family chromosomes, hence his unique, hereditary black and red hair.The Broken God
Trends of 'hereditary'
View usage over:
'hereditary' in Other Languages
- Arabic: وِرَاثِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: hereditário hereditária
- Chinese: 世袭的
- Croatian: nasljedan nasljedna
- Czech: dědičný
- Danish: arvelig
- Dutch: erfelijk
- European Spanish: hereditario hereditaria
- Finnish: perinnöllinen
- French: héréditaire
- German: erblich
- Greek: κληρονομικός κληρονομική
- Italian: ereditario ereditaria
- Japanese: 遺伝的な
- Korean: 유전성의
- Norwegian: arvelig
- Polish: dziedziczny dziedziczna
- Portuguese: hereditário hereditária
- Romanian: ereditar ereditar, ereditară, ereditari, ereditare
- Russian: наследственный наследственная
- Spanish: hereditario hereditaria
- Swedish: ärftlig ärftligt
- Thai: เป็นกรรมพันธุ์
- Turkish: kalıtsal
- Ukrainian: спадковий
- Vietnamese: di truyền
Translation of hereditary from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary