Hindi translation of hopeful
hopefulPowered by COBUILD /ˈhəʊpfʊl ''हअउपफ़ुल्/
Word forms: hopefuls
Definitions and Translations
If you are hopeful, you are fairly confident that something that you want to happen will happen.
⇒ Surgeons were hopeful of saving Sara's left eye.
If something such as a sign or event is hopeful, it makes you feel that what you want to happen will happen.
⇒ ...hopeful forecasts that the economy will improve.
3. countable noun
If you refer to someone as a hopeful, you mean that they have a particular ambition and it is possible that they will achieve it.
आशावान व्यक्ति mn
⇒ ...his job as football coach to young hopefuls.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'hopeful'
Sister Mahina had been quite hopeful that a peaceful solution might be reached.TREASON KEEP (2001)
Maurice Blair had so far responded surprisingly well to what treatment was possible; in his case the prognosis was hopeful.Unto The Grave
But I'm hopeful of bringing the case to an early conclusion," Millson said.The Book Lady
Trends of 'hopeful'
View usage over:
'hopeful' in Other Languages
- Arabic: آمِل
- Brazilian Portuguese: esperançoso esperançosa
- Chinese: 有希望的
- Croatian: optimističan optimistična
- Czech: nadějný
- Danish: forhåbningsfuld
- Dutch: hoopvol
- European Spanish: esperanzado esperanzada
- Finnish: toiveikas
- French: optimiste
- German: hoffnungsvoll
- Greek: αισιόδοξος αισιόδοξη
- Italian: speranzoso speranzosa
- Japanese: 希望が持てる
- Korean: 희망적인
- Norwegian: forventningsfull
- Polish: pełny nadziei pełna nadziei
- Portuguese: esperançoso esperançosa
- Romanian: optimist optimist, optimistă, optimiști, optimiste
- Russian: надеющийся надеющаяся
- Spanish: esperanzado esperanzada
- Swedish: hoppfull hoppfullt
- Thai: มีความหวัง
- Turkish: umutlu
- Ukrainian: оптимістичний
- Vietnamese: đầy hy vọng
Translation of hopeful from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary