Hindi translation of 'horrendous'
horrendous /həˈrendəs, Am hɔːˈr- हअˈरेन्डस् Am हॉˈर्-/
Something that is horrendous is very bad or unpleasant.
The violence was horrendous.
भयानक रूप से
Our holiday was horrendously expensive.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'horrendous'
I slept poorly, being troubled by horrendous dreams in which I was one of a mob of Six Duchies folk trapped in a dreadful stone prison.THE GOLDEN FOOL: Book Two of the Tawny Man (2002)
He was a horrendous legend to the French for battle honours but he met his match here.The Gwen John Sculpture
He drove quickly to her house, trying not to entertain any of the horrendous possibilities that were flooding his mind.Sleep While I Sing
Trends of 'horrendous'
View usage over:
'horrendous' in Other Languages
- Arabic: رَهِيب
- Brazilian Portuguese: horrendo horrenda
- Chinese: 可怕的
- Croatian: užasan užasna
- Czech: příšerný
- Danish: skrækkelig
- Dutch: afgrijselijk
- European Spanish: horrendo horrenda
- Finnish: hirvittävä
- French: épouvantable
- German: schrecklich
- Greek: αποτρόπαιος αποτρόπαιη
- Italian: orrendo orrenda
- Japanese: 恐ろしい
- Korean: 끔찍한
- Norwegian: forferdelig
- Polish: straszliwy straszliwa
- Portuguese: horrendo horrenda
- Romanian: îngrozitor îngrozitor, îngrozitoare, îngrozitori, îngrozitoare
- Russian: ужасающий ужасающая
- Spanish: horrendo horrenda
- Swedish: fruktansvärd fruktansvärt
- Thai: น่ากลัว
- Turkish: korkunç
- Ukrainian: страхітливий
- Vietnamese: kinh khủng
Translation of horrendous from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary