Hindi translation of 'impatient'
impatient /ɪmˈpeɪʃənt इमˈपेइशन्ट्/
If you are impatient, you are annoyed because you have had to wait too long for something.
I was growing impatient with my slow progress.
Frank waited impatiently for the lift to arrive.
impatience uncountable noun
I remember his impatience with long speeches.
2. adjective after link verb
If you are impatient to do something or impatient for something to happen, you are eager to do it or eager for it to happen and do not want to wait.
He was impatient to get home.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'impatient'
A man got out and leaned on the roof of his car, impatient.A DARKENING STAIN (2002)
She was grateful to Edna, but at the same time impatient for her to leave.Murder Moves In
Alma was always nice to people on the phone, whereas Kevin could be cheerfully impatient.Lost Children
Trends of 'impatient'
View usage over:
'impatient' in Other Languages
- Arabic: نَافِذُ الصَّبْرُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: impaciente
- Chinese: 不耐烦的
- Croatian: nestrpljiv nestrpljiva
- Czech: netrpělivý
- Danish: utålmodig
- Dutch: ongeduldig
- European Spanish: impaciente
- Finnish: kärsimätön
- French: impatient
- German: ungeduldig
- Greek: ανυπόμονος ανυπόμονη
- Italian: impaziente
- Japanese: いらいらしている
- Korean: 성급한
- Norwegian: utålmodig
- Polish: niecierpliwy niecierpliwa
- Portuguese: impaciente
- Romanian: nerăbdător nerăbdător, nerăbdătoare, nerăbdători, nerăbdătoare
- Russian: нетерпеливый нетерпеливая
- Spanish: impaciente
- Swedish: otålig otåligt
- Thai: ไม่อดทน
- Turkish: sabırsız
- Ukrainian: нетерплячий
- Vietnamese: thiếu kiên nhẫn
Translation of impatient from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary