Hindi translation of 'inadequate'
inadequate /ɪnˈædɪkwət इनˈऐडिक्वट्/
If something is inadequate, there is not enough of it or it is not good enough.
The firm has employed staff with inadequate training.
inadequate to deal with/meet something
an inadequate supply/response
inadequacyWord forms: inadequacies variable noun
...the inadequacy of the water supply.
अपर्याप्त रूप से
Many people are inadequately prepared for retirement.
If you feel inadequate, you feel that you do not have the qualities necessary to do something or to cope with life.
inadequacy uncountable noun
...her sense of inadequacy.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'inadequate'
No. But `good" and `sensible" were also inadequate descriptors.Forests of the Night
Perhaps in my guilt I had subconsciously decided that the plea `forgive us our trespasses" in the Lord's Prayer was inadequate.Ultimate Prizes
Questions to which there were no answers, and questions to which all possible answers would be inadequate.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
Trends of 'inadequate'
View usage over:
'inadequate' in Other Languages
- Arabic: غَيْرُ مُلائِمٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: inadequado inadequada
- Chinese: 不充分的
- Croatian: neadekvatan neadekvatna
- Czech: nedostatečný
- Danish: utilstrækkelig
- Dutch: ontoereikend
- European Spanish: inadecuado inadecuada
- Finnish: riittämätön
- French: inapproprié
- German: unzulänglich
- Greek: ανεπαρκής
- Italian: inadeguato inadeguata
- Japanese: 不十分な
- Korean: 부적당한
- Norwegian: utilstrekkelig
- Polish: nieodpowiedni nieodpowiednia
- Portuguese: inadequado inadequada
- Romanian: inadecvat inadecvat, inadecvată, inadecvați, inadecvate
- Russian: неадекватный неадекватная
- Spanish: inadecuado inadecuada
- Swedish: otillräcklig otillräckligt
- Thai: ไม่เพียงพอ
- Turkish: yetersiz
- Ukrainian: невідповідний
- Vietnamese: không đầy đủ
Translation of inadequate from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary