Hindi translation of 'inform'
inform /ɪnˈfɔːm इनˈफ़ॉम्/
Word forms: informs, informing, informed
1. transitive verb
If you inform someone of something, you tell them about it.
They informed him of any progress they had made.
...efforts to inform people about the dangers of AIDS.
inform someone of/about something
inform someone of developments/progress/findings
inform the public/police
2. see also informedTell is a common verb in everyday English to describe communication between two or more people. In more formal writing, you can use the verbs inform and notify to talk about passing on information in a formal or official context. You notify someone about a specific fact. You can inform someone about a fact or about a subject more generally.Remember that all these verbs are transitive and must be followed by an object - tell/inform/notify someone.
Tell can be followed by two objects - tell someone something.
If a specific threat arises we would inform the public.
To use two objects (the person and the information) with inform or notify you use a preposition - inform/notify someone of/about something.
He told friends and family the news yesterday.
Parents should be kept properly informed about their child's progress.
Teachers are told to notify police of drug-related incidents.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'inform'
Just remember to inform those concerned to stay away from the flat.The Last Raven
During one of our major rows, she had threatened to inform London that she could no longer take responsibility for working with me.Moondrop to Murder
I cannot comment on why he did not inform you about the change, nor indeed can I explain why he did not ask you to make the change yourself.A Conviction of Guilt
Trends of 'inform'
View usage over:
'inform' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يُبْلِغُ عَنْ
- Brazilian Portuguese: informar
- Chinese: 告知
- Croatian: obavijestiti
- Czech: informovat
- Danish: informere
- Dutch: informeren
- European Spanish: informar
- Finnish: tiedottaa
- French: informer
- German: informieren
- Greek: πληροφορώ
- Italian: informare
- Japanese: 知らせる
- Korean: 알리다
- Norwegian: informere
- Polish: poinformować informować
- Portuguese: informar
- Romanian: a informa
- Russian: сообщать
- Spanish: informar
- Swedish: upplysa
- Thai: แจ้งให้ทราบ
- Turkish: bilgi vermek
- Ukrainian: повідомляти повідомити
- Vietnamese: thông báo
Translation of inform from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary