Hindi translation of inspector
inspectorPowered by COBUILD /ɪnˈspektə इनˈस्पेक्टअ/
Word forms: inspectors
Definitions and Translations
1. countable noun
An inspector is someone whose job is to inspect things.
जाँच कर्ता mn
⇒ The factory was finally shut down by safety inspectors.
2. countable noun, title noun
In Britain, an inspector is a police officer who is higher in rank than a sergeant and lower in rank than a superintendent.
एक पुलिस अधिकारी mn
⇒ ...Inspector Joplin.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'inspector'
Ed conferred with a deputy inspector ; the two of them went out back.A Means to Evil
I'm sure you understand that we can't have a mere inspector still wet behind the ears running a case of this importance.AFTERMATH (2001)
Unlike the police inspector , Brine made copious notes with one of a series of coloured pens he kept in his shirt pocket.The Touch of Innocents
Trends of 'inspector'
View usage over:
'inspector' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُفَتِّشٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: inspetor inspetora
- Chinese: 检查员
- Croatian: inspektor
- Czech: inspektor inspektorka
- Danish: inspektør
- Dutch: inspecteur
- European Spanish: inspector inspectora
- Finnish: tarkastaja
- French: inspecteur
- German: Inspektor Inspektorin
- Greek: επιθεωρητής επιθεωρήτρια
- Italian: ispettore
- Japanese: 検査官
- Korean: 조사관
- Norwegian: inspektør
- Polish: inspektor inspektorka
- Portuguese: inspetor inspetora
- Romanian: inspector inspectori
- Russian: инспектор
- Spanish: inspector inspectora
- Swedish: inspektör
- Thai: ผู้ตรวจสอบ
- Turkish: denetçi müfettiş
- Ukrainian: інспектор
- Vietnamese: thanh tra viên
Translation of inspector from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary