Hindi translation of 'inspector'
inspector /ɪnˈspektə इनˈस्पेक्टअ/
Word forms: inspectors
1. countable noun
An inspector is someone whose job is to inspect things.
जाँच कर्ता mn
The factory was finally shut down by safety inspectors.
2. countable noun, title noun
In Britain, an inspector is a police officer who is higher in rank than a sergeant and lower in rank than a superintendent.
एक पुलिस अधिकारी mn
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'inspector'
Ed conferred with a deputy inspector ; the two of them went out back.A Means to Evil
I'm sure you understand that we can't have a mere inspector still wet behind the ears running a case of this importance.AFTERMATH (2001)
Unlike the police inspector , Brine made copious notes with one of a series of coloured pens he kept in his shirt pocket.The Touch of Innocents
Trends of 'inspector'
View usage over:
'inspector' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُفَتِّشٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: inspetor inspetora
- Chinese: 检查员
- Croatian: inspektor
- Czech: inspektor inspektorka
- Danish: inspektør
- Dutch: inspecteur
- European Spanish: inspector inspectora
- Finnish: tarkastaja
- French: inspecteur
- German: Inspektor Inspektorin
- Greek: επιθεωρητής επιθεωρήτρια
- Italian: ispettore
- Japanese: 検査官
- Korean: 조사관
- Norwegian: inspektør
- Polish: inspektor inspektorka
- Portuguese: inspetor inspetora
- Romanian: inspector inspectori
- Russian: инспектор
- Spanish: inspector inspectora
- Swedish: inspektör
- Thai: ผู้ตรวจสอบ
- Turkish: denetçi müfettiş
- Ukrainian: інспектор
- Vietnamese: thanh tra viên
Translation of inspector from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary