Hindi translation of 'magnetic'
magnetic /mæɡˈnetɪk मैगˈनेटिक्/
If something is magnetic, it has the power of a magnet or functions like a magnet.
The region around the magnet, in which there is a magnetic force, is called a magnetic field.
a magnetic field/pull
a magnetic compass
Magnetic tapes or objects are coated in a magnetic substance which contains coded information that can be read or written on by computers.[computing]
...a magnetic strip.
If you describe something or someone as magnetic, you mean that they have qualities which people find very attractive.
...her magnetic personality.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'magnetic'
It's the oldest religion there ever was - sheer magnetic egoism.Rushing to Paradise
There's so much metal in your engine-room that any magnetic compass would have fits.San Andreas
But when the temperature is raised the magnetic fields break down - with explosive consequences.Anti-Ice
Trends of 'magnetic'
View usage over:
'magnetic' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَغْنَطِيسِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: magnético magnética
- Chinese: 有磁性的
- Croatian: magnetski magnetska
- Czech: magnetický
- Danish: magnetisk
- Dutch: magnetisch
- European Spanish: magnético magnética
- Finnish: magneettinen
- French: aimanté
- German: magnetisch
- Greek: μαγνητικός μαγνητική
- Italian: magnetico magnetica
- Japanese: 磁石の
- Korean: 자석의
- Norwegian: magnetisk
- Polish: magnetyczny magnetyczna
- Portuguese: magnético magnética
- Romanian: magnetic magnetic, magnetică, magnetici, magnetice
- Russian: магнитный магнитная
- Spanish: magnético magnética
- Swedish: magnetisk magnetiskt
- Thai: ซึ่งมีคุณสมบัติเป็นแม่เหล็ก
- Turkish: mıknatıslı
- Ukrainian: магнетичний
- Vietnamese: có từ tính
Translation of magnetic from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary