Hindi translation of 'missing'
missing /ˈmɪsɪŋ ˈमिसिङ्/
If someone or something is missing or has gone missing, they are not where you expect them to be, and you cannot find them.
His wallet was missing.
She reported him to the police as a missing person.
If a part of something is missing, it has been removed or has come off and has not been replaced.
Three buttons were missing from his shirt.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'missing'
All that was missing was a lanyard with a pea whistle attached for bringing boys up short of the line.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
I could see that a whole section in the middle was missing.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
The lavatory with a large chunk missing from the rim lay on its side beyond him.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
Trends of 'missing'
View usage over:
'missing' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَفْقُودٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: perdido perdida
- Chinese: 失踪的
- Croatian: nestao nestala, nestalo
- Czech: pohřešovaný
- Danish: manglende
- Dutch: verdwenen
- European Spanish: desaparecido desaparecidaperdido
- Finnish: kadonnut
- French: manquant
- German: verschwunden
- Greek: αγνοούμενος αγνοούμενη
- Italian: scomparso scomparsa
- Japanese: あるべき所にない
- Korean: 못 찾고 있는
- Norwegian: savnet
- Polish: brakujący brakująca
- Portuguese: perdido perdida
- Romanian: lipsă
- Russian: отсутствующий отсутствующая
- Spanish: desaparecido desaparecida
- Swedish: försvunnen försvunnet
- Thai: ซึ่งหายไป
- Turkish: kayıp
- Ukrainian: зниклий
- Vietnamese: mất tích
Translation of missing from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary