Hindi translation of missing
missingPowered by COBUILD /ˈmɪsɪŋ ˈमिसिङ्/
Definitions and Translations
If someone or something is missing or has gone missing, they are not where you expect them to be, and you cannot find them.
⇒ His wallet was missing. ⇒ She reported him to the police as a missing person.
If a part of something is missing, it has been removed or has come off and has not been replaced.
⇒ Three buttons were missing from his shirt.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'missing'
All that was missing was a lanyard with a pea whistle attached for bringing boys up short of the line.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
I could see that a whole section in the middle was missing.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
The lavatory with a large chunk missing from the rim lay on its side beyond him.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
Trends of 'missing'
View usage over:
'missing' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَفْقُودٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: perdido perdida
- Chinese: 失踪的
- Croatian: nestao nestala, nestalo
- Czech: pohřešovaný
- Danish: manglende
- Dutch: verdwenen
- European Spanish: desaparecido desaparecidaperdido
- Finnish: kadonnut
- French: manquant
- German: verschwunden
- Greek: αγνοούμενος αγνοούμενη
- Italian: scomparso scomparsa
- Japanese: あるべき所にない
- Korean: 못 찾고 있는
- Norwegian: savnet
- Polish: brakujący brakująca
- Portuguese: perdido perdida
- Romanian: lipsă
- Russian: отсутствующий отсутствующая
- Spanish: desaparecido desaparecida
- Swedish: försvunnen försvunnet
- Thai: ซึ่งหายไป
- Turkish: kayıp
- Ukrainian: зниклий
- Vietnamese: mất tích
Translation of missing from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary