Hindi translation of 'moderate'
Word forms: moderates, moderating, moderated
1. adjective, countable noun /ˈmɒdərət ˈमॉडरअट्/
Moderate political opinions or policies are not extreme. A person who has these opinions can be referred to as a moderate.
मध्यममार्गी/मध्यम मार्ग mn
नरमपंथी/नरम पंथ mn
...an easy-going man of very moderate views.
A moderate amount is neither large nor small.
a moderate amount/extent
साधारण रूप से
...a moderately attractive woman.
SIMILAR WORDSreasonably, slightly
3. transitive or intransitive verb /ˈmɒdəreɪt ˈमॉडरेइट्/
If you moderate something, or if it moderates, it becomes less extreme or violent.
संतुलित या मध्यम रूप में ले आना
He has moderated his brash style.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'moderate'
Stephen had regained consciousness and, as Dr Sinclair had predicted, was suffering from no more than a moderate headache.San Andreas
His tone was moderate , his nodding head not too condescending, his words full of under standing for the anxieties of the people of Berlin.Wall Games
He'd put up his rates, thirty bucks an hour, and that was still moderate.Three Kinds of Kissing - Scottish Short Stories
Trends of 'moderate'
View usage over:
'moderate' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُعْتَدِلٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: moderado moderada
- Chinese: 适度的
- Croatian: umjeren umjerena
- Czech: střídmý
- Danish: moderat
- Dutch: gematigd
- European Spanish: moderado moderada
- Finnish: maltillinen
- French: modéré
- German: mäßig
- Greek: μετριοπαθής
- Italian: moderato moderata
- Japanese: 適度の
- Korean: 온건한
- Norwegian: moderat
- Polish: umiarkowany umiarkowana
- Portuguese: moderado moderada
- Romanian: moderat moderat, moderată, moderați, moderate
- Russian: умеренный умеренная
- Spanish: moderado moderada
- Swedish: blygsam blygsamt
- Thai: มีความคิดไม่รุนแรง
- Turkish: ılımlı
- Ukrainian: помірний
- Vietnamese: vừa phải
Translation of moderate from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary