Hindi translation of 'monotonous'
monotonous /məˈnɒtənəs मअˈनॉटनअस्/
Something that is monotonous is very boring because it has a regular repeated pattern which never changes.
It's monotonous work, like most factory jobs.
a monotonous voice/task/diet
monotonously /məˈnɒtənəsli मअˈनॉटनअस्ली/
एकसुरे रूप से
The rain dripped monotonously from the trees.
It's almost impossible to say such sentences monotonously.
monotony /məˈnɒtəni मअˈनॉटनी/ uncountable noun
The monotony of something is the fact that it never changes and is boring.
A night on the town may help to break the monotony of the week.
a life of secure monotony
the monotony of something
the monotony of life
break/relieve/avoid the monotony of something
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'monotonous'
Away among the trees, the whine of the saw, steady, monotonous , like the cicadas.ON CATS (2002)
There was a hypnotic rhythm to the monotonous , ordered movement of this community of fishes.Follow the Sharks
My job is the most uninspiring, monotonous work in the history of economic periodicals.GYPSY MASALA (2004)
Trends of 'monotonous'
View usage over:
'monotonous' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُـمِلٌّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: monótono monótona
- Chinese: 单调的
- Croatian: monoton monotona
- Czech: monotónní
- Danish: monoton
- Dutch: monotoon
- European Spanish: monótono monótona
- Finnish: yksitoikkoinen
- French: monotone
- German: monoton
- Greek: μονότονος μονότονη
- Italian: monotono monotona
- Japanese: 単調な
- Korean: 단조로운
- Norwegian: monoton
- Polish: monotonny monotonna
- Portuguese: monótono monótona
- Romanian: monoton monoton, monotonă, monotoni, monotone
- Russian: монотонный монотонная
- Spanish: monótono monótona
- Swedish: monoton monotont
- Thai: น่าเบื่อหน่ายเพราะซ้ำซาก
- Turkish: tekdüze
- Ukrainian: монотонний
- Vietnamese: đơn điệu
Translation of monotonous from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary