Hindi translation of 'mysterious'
mysterious /mɪˈstɪəriəs मिˈस्टिअरीअस्/
Someone or something that is mysterious is strange, not known about, or not understood.
He died in mysterious circumstances.
...a mysterious illness.
रहस्यमय रूप से
A couple of messages had mysteriously disappeared.
2. adjective after link verb
If someone is mysterious about something, they deliberately do not talk about it, often because they want people to be curious about it.
As for his job — well, he is very mysterious about it.
रहस्यपूर्ण रूप से
Asked what she meant, she said mysteriously: 'Work it out for yourself.'
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'mysterious'
To protect him I supplied him with data supposedly coming from a mysterious American, Adam Procane.Cover Story
In the mysterious world of subatomic physics, he'd told her, a particle could exist in two places at once.Compulsion
Paul was the mysterious stranger in the raincoat, seen by Robinet near the villa.Unreasonable Doubt
Trends of 'mysterious'
View usage over:
'mysterious' in Other Languages
- Arabic: غَامِضٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: misterioso misteriosa
- Chinese: 神秘的
- Croatian: tajanstven tajanstvena
- Czech: záhadný
- Danish: mystisk
- Dutch: mysterieus
- European Spanish: misterioso misteriosa
- Finnish: salaperäinen
- French: mystérieux
- German: geheimnisvoll
- Greek: μυστηριώδης
- Italian: misterioso misteriosa
- Japanese: 謎めいた
- Korean: 신비한
- Norwegian: mystisk
- Polish: tajemniczy tajemnicza
- Portuguese: misterioso misteriosa
- Romanian: misterios misterios, misterioasă, misterioși, misterioase
- Russian: таинственный таинственная
- Spanish: misterioso misteriosa
- Swedish: mystisk
- Thai: ที่ลึกลับ
- Turkish: gizemli
- Ukrainian: таємничий
- Vietnamese: huyền bí
Translation of mysterious from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary