Hindi translation of operator
operatorPowered by COBUILD /ˈɒpəreɪtə ˈऑपरेइटअ/
Word forms: operators
Definitions and Translations
1. countable noun
An operator is a person who works at a telephone exchange or on the switchboard of an office or hotel.
⇒ He dialled the operator.
2. countable noun
An operator is someone who is employed to operate or control a machine.
3. countable noun
An operator is a person or a company that runs a business.
⇒ ...the nation's largest cable TV operator.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'operator'
Trouble is, the launch operator couldn't remember the name of the street.High Stand
The operator inside the Soviet Embassy in Helsinki reported a call for him.Cover Story
A more experienced operator would have made his first soundings lower down.Passion in the Peak
Trends of 'operator'
View usage over:
'operator' in Other Languages
- Arabic: عامل
- Brazilian Portuguese: operador operadora
- Chinese: 操作员
- Croatian: operater
- Czech: operátor operátorka
- Danish: operatør
- Dutch: operator
- European Spanish: operador operadora
- Finnish: keskus puhelin
- French: opérateur
- German: Bediener Bedienerin
- Greek: χειριστής χειρίστρια
- Italian: operatore operatrice
- Japanese: オペレーター
- Korean: 운전자
- Norwegian: operatør
- Polish: operator operatorka
- Portuguese: operador operadora
- Romanian: telefonist telefoniști
- Russian: оператор
- Spanish: operador operadora
- Swedish: telefonist
- Thai: พนักงานต่อโทรศัพท์
- Turkish: operatör
- Ukrainian: оператор
- Vietnamese: người điều khiển
Translation of operator from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary