Hindi translation of 'overdue'
overdue /ˌəʊvəˈdjuː, Am -ˈduː ˌअउव़अˈड्यू Am -ˈडू/
If you say that a change or an event is overdue, you mean that it should have happened before now.
This debate is long overdue.
an overdue change/reform
Overdue sums of money have not been paid, even though it is later than the date on which they should have been paid.
an overdue payment/bill
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'overdue'
The times were out of joint and the carpenter's son long overdue.Three Kinds of Kissing - Scottish Short Stories
Flushed by this spiritual triumph (and God knows, one was long overdue ) I then became very cosy and confidential.Absolute Truths
I'm an adult woman of thirty-nine who has just reached an overdue realization that she's already in the one job she's really good at.An Older Woman
Trends of 'overdue'
View usage over:
'overdue' in Other Languages
- Arabic: فَاتَ مَوعِدُ استِحْقَاقِهِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: atrasado atrasada
- Chinese: 过了期限的
- Croatian: zakasnio zakašnjela, zakašnjelo
- Czech: zpožděný
- Danish: for længst forfalden
- Dutch: te laat
- European Spanish: vencido vencida
- Finnish: myöhästynyt
- French: impayé
- German: überfällig
- Greek: καθυστερημένος καθυστερημένη
- Italian: scaduto scaduta
- Japanese: 遅れた
- Korean: 연체된
- Norwegian: forfalt
- Polish: zaległy zaległa
- Portuguese: atrasado atrasada
- Romanian: întârziat întârziat, întârziată, întârziați, întârziatedepășit ca termen
- Russian: просроченный просроченная
- Spanish: vencido vencida
- Swedish: förfallen förfallet
- Thai: พ้นกำหนดเวลา
- Turkish: ödeme günü geçmiş
- Ukrainian: запізнілий
- Vietnamese: quá hạn
Translation of overdue from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary