Hindi translation of parallel
parallelPowered by COBUILD /ˈpærəlel ˈपैरलेल्/
Word forms: parallels, parallelling, parallelled or [Am] paralleling, paralleled
Definitions and Translations
1. countable noun
If something has a parallel, or if there are parallels between two or more things, they are similar to each other in some way.
⇒ It's an ecological disaster with no parallel anywhere else in the world. ⇒ He drew parallels between the UK election last year and the US election of 1996.
2. transitive verb, adjective
If one thing parallels another, or if two things are parallel, they happen at the same time or are similar, and often seem to be connected.
⇒ His remarks parallelled those of the president. ⇒ ...parallel talks between the two countries' Foreign Ministers.
If two lines or two objects are parallel, they are the same distance apart along their whole length.
⇒ parallel with/to something ⇒ parallel lines
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'parallel'
There are three parallel valleys, side by side, leading to the sea.Whistler in the Dark
At the back of his mind was the thought that he must try to keep parallel to the Autobahn.A Matter of Conscience
The estate was set out in a grid system on three parallel roads.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
Trends of 'parallel'
View usage over:
'parallel' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُتَوَازِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: paralelo paralela
- Chinese: 平行的
- Croatian: paralelan paralelna
- Czech: rovnoběžný
- Danish: parallel
- Dutch: parallel
- European Spanish: paralelo paralela
- Finnish: rinnakkainen
- French: parallèle
- German: parallel
- Greek: παράλληλος παράλληλη
- Italian: parallelo parallela
- Japanese: 平行の
- Korean: 평행인
- Norwegian: parallell parallelt
- Polish: równoległy równoległa
- Portuguese: paralelo paralela
- Romanian: paralel paralel, paralele, paraleli
- Russian: параллельный параллельная
- Spanish: paralelo paralela
- Swedish: parallell parallellt
- Thai: ขนาน
- Turkish: paralel
- Ukrainian: паралельний
- Vietnamese: song song
- Brazilian Portuguese: estar em paralelo com algo
- Chinese: > 与...类似存在或发生在不同地点或不同时间的
- European Spanish: ser paralelo
- French: correspondre à
- German: parallel laufen zu
- Italian: affiancarsi a
- Japanese: 同時に起きる
- Korean: 필적하다
- Portuguese: estar em paralelo com algo
- Spanish: ir en paralelo
Translation of parallel from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary