Hindi translation of 'patriotic'
patriotic /ˌpætriˈɒtɪk, ˌpeɪt- ˌपैट्रीˈऑटिक्, ˌपेइट्-/
Someone who is patriotic loves their country and feels very loyal towards it.
patriotism /ˈpætriətɪzəm, ˈpeɪt- ˈपैट्रीअटिज़म्, ˈपेइट्-/ uncountable noun
He had joined the army out of a sense of patriotism.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'patriotic'
Jett doesn't like to be reminded of its patriotic overtones.DEAD BEAT (2002)
This - "he gestured at the model ' - is not just another patriotic monument, to be launched with pretty speeches.A Daystar of Fear
He also prided himself on being a fiercely patriotic Communist.Code Breaker
Trends of 'patriotic'
View usage over:
'patriotic' in Other Languages
- Arabic: وَطَنِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: patriota
- Chinese: 爱国的
- Croatian: patriotski patriotska
- Czech: vlastenecký
- Danish: patriotisk
- Dutch: vaderlandslievend
- European Spanish: patriótico patriótica
- Finnish: isänmaallinen
- French: patriotique
- German: patriotisch
- Greek: πατριωτικός πατριωτική
- Italian: patriottico patriottica
- Japanese: 愛国的な
- Korean: 애국적인
- Norwegian: patriotisk
- Polish: patriotyczny patriotyczna
- Portuguese: patriota
- Romanian: patriot patriot, patrioată, patrioți, patrioate
- Russian: патриотический патриотическая
- Spanish: patriótico patriótica
- Swedish: patriotisk patriotiskt
- Thai: มีใจรักชาติ
- Turkish: yurtsever
- Ukrainian: патріотичний
- Vietnamese: yêu nước
Translation of patriotic from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary