Hindi translation of 'patronize'
patronize [ Brit also patronise]Word forms: patronizes, patronizing, patronized /ˈpætrənaɪz, Am ˈpeɪt- ˈपैट्रनाइज़् Am ˈपेइट्-/
Word forms: patronizes, patronizing, patronized
If someone patronizes you, they speak or behave towards you in a way which seems friendly, but which shows that they think they are superior to you.
दंभपूर्वक कृपा दिखाना
Don't you patronize me!
He has a patronising attitude to the homeless.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'patronize'
He suggested I check the place over and I told him not to patronize me.BLOOD IS DIRT (2002)
All that was left was for her to try to patronize the younger woman, whom, of course, neither of us had ever met.THE CALLIGRAPHER (2003)
`The clients who patronize Miss Blanche on the island don't believe an Indian girl can design for them.Yellow Bird
Trends of 'patronize'
View usage over:
'patronize' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: tratar com ar de superioridade
- Chinese: 屈尊对待
- European Spanish: tratar con condescendencia
- French: traiter avec condescendance
- German: herablassend behandeln
- Italian: trattare con condiscendenza
- Japanese: >見下した態度を取る人を
- Korean: 깔보는 태도로 대하다
- Portuguese: tratar com ar de superioridade
- Spanish: tratar con condescendencia
Translation of patronize from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary