Hindi translation of 'pleased'
pleased /pliːzd प्लीज़्ड्/
1. adjective after link verb
If you are pleased, you are happy about something or satisfied with it.
I think he's going to be pleased that we identified the real problems.
I'm pleased with the way things have been going.
They're pleased to be going home.
You say 'Pleased to meet you' as a polite way of greeting someone you are meeting for the first time.
आपसे मिलकर खुशी हुई
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'pleased'
Petra headed for the coffee machine, feeling very pleased with herself.THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
Damin Wolfblade was grinning like a fool, obviously enormously pleased with himself.TREASON KEEP (2001)
Sutherland volunteered to be mother, which she learned later from Wallis meant that he was pleased with her.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
Trends of 'pleased'
View usage over:
'pleased' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَسْرور
- Brazilian Portuguese: satisfeito satisfeita
- Chinese: 高兴的
- Croatian: zadovoljan zadovoljna
- Czech: spokojený
- Danish: tilfreds
- Dutch: tevreden
- European Spanish: contento contenta
- Finnish: mielissään
- French: content
- German: erfreut
- Greek: ικανοποιημένος ικανοποιημένη
- Italian: lieto lieta
- Japanese: 嬉しい
- Korean: 기뻐하는
- Norwegian: fornøyd
- Polish: zadowolony zadowolona
- Portuguese: satisfeito satisfeita
- Romanian: mulțumit mulțumită, mulțumiți, mulțumite
- Russian: довольный довольная
- Spanish: contento contenta
- Swedish: nöjd nöjt
- Thai: พอใจ
- Turkish: memnun
- Ukrainian: задоволений
- Vietnamese: hài lòng
Translation of pleased from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary