Hindi translation of predecessor
predecessorPowered by COBUILD /ˈpriːdɪsesə, Am ˈpred- ˈप्रीडिसेसअ Am ˈप्रेड्-/
Word forms: predecessors
Definitions and Translations
1. countable noun
Your predecessor is the person who had your job before you.
पूर्ववर्ती व्यक्ति mn
⇒ He learned everything he knew from his predecessor.
2. countable noun
The predecessor of an object or machine is the object or machine that came before it in a sequence or process of development.
⇒ The car is 40mm shorter than its predecessor.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'predecessor'
"'All I can say is that I hope he will be easier to get on with than his predecessor.Goodbye Curate
There were a couple of old walking sticks leaning behind the door -- relics of his predecessor 's arthritis.HIDING FROM THE LIGHT
`She was actually telling me confidentially how much better my predecessor was at everything.SANDS OF TIME (2003)
Trends of 'predecessor'
View usage over:
'predecessor' in Other Languages
- Arabic: الشَّخْصُ الَّذِي سَبَقَ فُلاناً فِي الوَظِيفَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: predecessor predecessora
- Chinese: 前任
- Croatian: prethodnik
- Czech: předchůdce předchůdkyně
- Danish: forgænger
- Dutch: voorganger
- European Spanish: predecesor predecesora
- Finnish: edeltäjä
- French: prédécesseur
- German: Vorgänger Vorgängerin
- Greek: προκάτοχος
- Italian: predecessore
- Japanese: 前任者
- Korean: 전임자
- Norwegian: forgjenger
- Polish: poprzednik poprzedniczka
- Portuguese: predecessor predecessora
- Romanian: predecesor predecesori
- Russian: предшественник предшественница
- Spanish: predecesor predecesora
- Swedish: föregångare
- Thai: คนที่อยู่มาก่อน
- Turkish: selef
- Ukrainian: попередник
- Vietnamese: người tiền nhiệm
Translation of predecessor from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary