Hindi translation of 'predecessor'
predecessor /ˈpriːdɪsesə, Am ˈpred- ˈप्रीडिसेसअ Am ˈप्रेड्-/
Word forms: predecessors
1. countable noun
Your predecessor is the person who had your job before you.
पूर्ववर्ती व्यक्ति mn
He learned everything he knew from his predecessor.
2. countable noun
The predecessor of an object or machine is the object or machine that came before it in a sequence or process of development.
The car is 40mm shorter than its predecessor.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'predecessor'
"'All I can say is that I hope he will be easier to get on with than his predecessor.Goodbye Curate
There were a couple of old walking sticks leaning behind the door -- relics of his predecessor 's arthritis.HIDING FROM THE LIGHT
`She was actually telling me confidentially how much better my predecessor was at everything.SANDS OF TIME (2003)
Trends of 'predecessor'
View usage over:
'predecessor' in Other Languages
- Arabic: الشَّخْصُ الَّذِي سَبَقَ فُلاناً فِي الوَظِيفَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: predecessor predecessora
- Chinese: 前任
- Croatian: prethodnik
- Czech: předchůdce předchůdkyně
- Danish: forgænger
- Dutch: voorganger
- European Spanish: predecesor predecesora
- Finnish: edeltäjä
- French: prédécesseur
- German: Vorgänger Vorgängerin
- Greek: προκάτοχος
- Italian: predecessore
- Japanese: 前任者
- Korean: 전임자
- Norwegian: forgjenger
- Polish: poprzednik poprzedniczka
- Portuguese: predecessor predecessora
- Romanian: predecesor predecesori
- Russian: предшественник предшественница
- Spanish: predecesor predecesora
- Swedish: föregångare
- Thai: คนที่อยู่มาก่อน
- Turkish: selef
- Ukrainian: попередник
- Vietnamese: người tiền nhiệm
Translation of predecessor from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary