Hindi translation of premier
premierPowered by COBUILD /ˈpremiə, Am prɪˈmɪr ˈप्रेमीअ Am प्रिˈमिर्/
Word forms: premiers
Definitions and Translations
1. countable noun
The leader of a government can be referred to as the premier.
⇒ ...the Australian premier.
2. adjective before noun
Premier is used to describe something that is considered to be the best or most important thing of its kind.
⇒ ...the country's premier opera company.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'premier'
The Swiss already had their own premier HRU force -- the Zurich `Enzian" unit -- airborne.A Song at Twilight
For the past thirty years Rita had been one of the premier fashion buyers in England.Yellow Bird
Ownership of Paloma Blanca would make him Majorca's premier hotelier for the rest of his life.Final Resort
Trends of 'premier'
View usage over:
'premier' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: primeiro-ministro primeira-ministra
- Chinese: 总理
- European Spanish: primer ministro primera ministra, primera ministra
- French: chef de l'État
- German: Premierminister Premierministerin
- Italian: premier
- Japanese: 首相
- Korean: 수상
- Portuguese: primeiro-ministro primeira-ministra
- Spanish: primer ministro primera ministra, primera ministra
Translation of premier from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary