Hindi translation of primitive
primitivePowered by COBUILD /ˈprɪmɪtɪv ˈप्रिमिटिव़्/
Definitions and Translations
Primitive means belonging to a society in which people live in a very simple way, usually without industries or a writing system.
⇒ ...primitive tribes.
⇒ a primitive tribe/tribesman/society
Primitive means belonging to a very early period in the development of an animal or plant.
⇒ It is a primitive instinct to run away from danger.
If you describe something as primitive, you mean that it is very simple in style or very old-fashioned.
⇒ This is rather primitive technology.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'primitive'
If she'd had time she would have looked up some primitive parallels to offer him comfort.Miss Melville Regrets
The walls along the gallery were completely covered in a primitive jungle painting.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
On it had been painted a picture of a naked woman, in a primitive style.THE EXECUTION (2002)
Trends of 'primitive'
View usage over:
'primitive' in Other Languages
- Arabic: بِدَائِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: primitivo primitiva
- Chinese: 原始的
- Croatian: primitivan primitivna
- Czech: primitivní
- Danish: primitiv
- Dutch: primitief
- European Spanish: primitivo primitiva
- Finnish: alkeellinen
- French: primitif
- German: primitiv
- Greek: πρωτόγονος πρωτόγονη
- Italian: primitivo primitiva
- Japanese: 初期の
- Korean: 원시적인
- Norwegian: primitiv
- Polish: pierwotny pierwotna
- Portuguese: primitivo primitiva
- Romanian: primitiv primitivă, primitivi, primitive
- Russian: примитивный примитивная
- Spanish: primitivo primitiva
- Swedish: primitiv primitivt
- Thai: แบบดั้งเดิม
- Turkish: ilkel
- Ukrainian: примітивний
- Vietnamese: sơ khai
Translation of primitive from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary