Hindi translation of 'professor'
professor /prəˈfesə प्रअˈफ़ेसअ/
Word forms: professors
1. countable noun, title noun
A professor in a British university is the most senior teacher in a department.
In 1979, only 2% of British professors were female.
2. countable noun, title noun
A professor in an American or Canadian university or college is a teacher there.
a professor of/in something
a professor at somewhere
a university/college/psychology professor
a distinguished/eminent professor
a professor at a university/college/centre/department
a professor specializes/lectures in something
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'professor'
He was a nuclear physicist, a professor at some Northern university.Left, Right and Centre
He's a professor at an Oxford college, said the taller one, looking me directly in the eyes.THE EXECUTION (2002)
And then, in his new disjointed way, the professor told them what had happened in the grandstand.Death of an Unknown Man
Trends of 'professor'
View usage over:
'professor' in Other Languages
- Arabic: أُسْتَاذ جَامِعِي
- Brazilian Portuguese: catedrático catedrática
- Chinese: 教授
- Croatian: profesor
- Czech: profesor profesorka
- Danish: professor
- Dutch: professor
- European Spanish: profesor profesora
- Finnish: professori
- French: professeur d’université
- German: Professor Professorin
- Greek: καθηγητής καθηγήτρια
- Italian: professore professoressa
- Japanese: 教授
- Korean: 교수
- Norwegian: professor
- Polish: profesor
- Portuguese: catedrático catedrática
- Romanian: profesor profesori
- Russian: профессор
- Spanish: profesor profesora
- Swedish: professor
- Thai: ศาสตราจารย์
- Turkish: profesör
- Ukrainian: професор
- Vietnamese: giáo sư
Translation of professor from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary