Hindi translation of 'redundant'
redundant /rɪˈdʌndənt रिˈडन्डन्ट्/
If you are made redundant, you lose your job because it is no longer necessary or because your employer cannot afford to keep paying you.[Brit]
Her teacher was made redundant when the school was closed down.
a redundant employee/worker/workforce
make someone redundant
Something that is redundant is no longer needed because it has been replaced by something else.
Changes in technology mean that many skills are now redundant.
a redundant building/factory/church
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'redundant'
Scobie's prepared approach was made redundant by Hartman's reaction to the cause of his visit.The Book Lady
They're redundant anyway- like those male tits I was talking about.A Daystar of Fear
Harry realized that his smile was frozen into a useless, lopsided grin which had become entirely redundant.Wall Games
Trends of 'redundant'
View usage over:
'redundant' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَصْرُوفٌ مِنَ الـخِدْمَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: redundante
- Chinese: 多余的
- Croatian: suvišan suvišna
- Czech: propuštěný z práce
- Danish: overflødig
- Dutch: overtollig
- European Spanish: superfluo superflua
- Finnish: irtisanottu
- French: licencié
- German: arbeitslos
- Greek: πλεονάζων πλεονάζουσα
- Italian: licenziato licenziata
- Japanese: 余剰人員として解雇された
- Korean: 해고 당한
- Norwegian: overflødig
- Polish: zbyteczny zbyteczna
- Portuguese: despedido despedida
- Romanian: redundant redundant, redundantă, redundanți, redundante
- Russian: избыточный избыточная
- Spanish: despedir a alguien por reducción de personal
- Swedish: överflödig överflödigt
- Thai: ซึ่งออกจากงาน
- Turkish: işten çıkarılmış ihtiyaç fazlası olarak
- Ukrainian: звільнений у зв'язку зі скороченням штату
- Vietnamese: bị cho thôi việc
Translation of redundant from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary