Hindi translation of religious
religiousPowered by COBUILD /rɪˈlɪdʒəs रिˈलिजस्/
Definitions and Translations
1. adjective before noun
Religious means connected with religion or with one particular religion.
⇒ ...different religious beliefs.
⇒ religious belief/faith/conviction/practice ⇒ religious fundamentalism/extremism ⇒ religious freedom/tolerance ⇒ religious hatred/persecution ⇒ religious leaders ⇒ a religious tradition/ceremony/symbol/institution/text
A religious person has a strong belief in a god or gods.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'religious'
He was a decent, religious boy all the time he lived with us.Murder Song
It's easy to see how their pictures might have some sort of religious significance.CASCADES - THE DAY OF THE DEAD (2001)
What could he be thinking of, Brenda was not of his world - she was not religious.The Unorthodox Murder of Rabbi Moss
Trends of 'religious'
View usage over:
'religious' in Other Languages
- Arabic: دِينيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: religioso religiosa
- Chinese: 信奉宗教的
- Croatian: religiozan religiozna
- Czech: náboženský
- Danish: religiøs
- Dutch: religieus
- European Spanish: religioso religiosa
- Finnish: uskonnollinen
- French: religieux
- German: religiös
- Greek: θρησκευτικός θρησκευτική
- Italian: religioso religiosa
- Japanese: 宗教の
- Korean: 신앙심 깊은
- Norwegian: religiøs
- Polish: religijny religijna
- Portuguese: religioso religiosa
- Romanian: religios religios, religioasă, religioși, religioase
- Russian: религиозный религиозная
- Spanish: religioso religiosa
- Swedish: religiös religiöst
- Thai: เกี่ยวกับศาสนา
- Turkish: dini
- Ukrainian: релігійний
- Vietnamese: thuộc tôn giáo
Translation of religious from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary