Hindi translation of 'resident'
resident /ˈrezɪdənt ˈरेज़िडन्ट्/
Word forms: residents
1. countable noun
The residents of a house or area are the people who live there.
residents of/in somewhere
residents say/fear/complain about/want/report something
SIMILAR WORDSinhabitant, citizen
2. adjective after link verb
Someone who is resident in a country or town lives there.
आवासी या निवासी
He has been resident in Paris since 1997.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'resident'
Only once in the years Erwin had been a resident of the town had it rained on Festival Weekend.EVERVILLE (2001)
I was once appointed resident priest of the Church of the Mother of God.Somewhere East of Life
A better little prison with accommodation for one resident jailer could hardly have been purpose built.A Conviction of Guilt
Trends of 'resident'
View usage over:
'resident' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُقِيم
- Brazilian Portuguese: residente
- Chinese: 居民
- Croatian: stanovnik stanovnica
- Czech: obyvatel obyvatelkadomu apod.
- Danish: beboer
- Dutch: bewoner
- European Spanish: residente
- Finnish: asukas
- French: résident
- German: Einwohner Einwohnerin
- Greek: κάτοικος
- Italian: residente
- Japanese: 居住者
- Korean: 주민
- Norwegian: beboer
- Polish: rezydent rezydentka
- Portuguese: residente
- Romanian: rezident rezidentă, rezidenți, rezidente
- Russian: житель жительница
- Spanish: residente
- Swedish: vara bosatt
- Thai: ผู้พักอาศัย
- Turkish: sakin konut
- Ukrainian: мешканець мешканка
- Vietnamese: người dân
Translation of resident from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary