Hindi translation of ride
ridePowered by COBUILD /raɪd राइड्/
Word forms: rides, riding, rode, ridden
Definitions and Translations
1. transitive or intransitive verb
If you ride a horse, you sit on it and control its movements.
की सवारी करना/सवार होना
⇒ Can you ride? ⇒ As a child he learned to ride a horse.
2. transitive verb
If you ride a bicycle or a motorcycle you sit on it, control it, and travel along on it.
⇒ He likes to play golf, fish, ski and ride his bicycle.
3. intransitive verb
When you ride in a vehicle such as a car, you travel in it.
4. countable noun
A ride is a journey on a horse or bicycle, or in a vehicle.
If you say that someone or something is riding high, you mean that they are popular or successful at the present time.
If you say that someone faces a rough ride, you think that things are going to be difficult for them. [informal]
मुश्किल में पड़ना
7. → see also ridingWhen you want to mention that someone is controlling a horse, bicycle, or motorbike, you can use ride as a transitive verb, with the object coming immediately after it. Whether you ride a motorbike, scooter, or moped, get yourself properly trained. However, if you want to mention that someone is a passenger in a vehicle, ride must be followed by a preposition. I was riding on the back of a friend's bicycle. We never let our children ride in the front seat of our car. If ride is used without an object, a preposition, or any other phrase that specifies the context, it usually refers to the activity of riding a horse. 'Do you ride?' — 'No, I've never been on a horse.'
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'ride'
Stand up, catch the faithful Sprout, and ride deeper into the forest.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
Then he's returning for Stoner, who's quite keen to ride in his van.SOMEBODY (2002)
The bike ride home was to the sound of Beethoven's Fifth in my head.READY? (2001)
Trends of 'ride'
View usage over:
'ride' in Other Languages
- Arabic: رُكُوب
- Brazilian Portuguese: passeio
- Chinese: 兜风
- Croatian: vožnja
- Czech: jízda
- Danish: køretur
- Dutch: ritje
- European Spanish: vuelta paseo
- Finnish: ajomatka
- French: tour promenade
- German: Fahrt
- Greek: διαδρομή με μεταφορικό μέσο
- Italian: cavalcata
- Japanese: 乗ること
- Korean: 타기 여행
- Norwegian: tur
- Polish: przejażdżka
- Portuguese: passeio
- Romanian: plimbare plimbăricălare
- Russian: поездка
- Spanish: paseo paseo
- Swedish: åktur
- Thai: การเดินทางโดยยานพาหนะหรือหลังม้า
- Turkish: gezinti at/araba/bisiklet
- Ukrainian: їзда
- Vietnamese: cuộc đi
- Arabic: يَرْكَبُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: montar cavalo
- Chinese: 骑
- Croatian: jahati
- Czech: jet na jezdit nakoni, kole
- Danish: ride
- Dutch: berijden
- European Spanish: montar cabalgar
- Finnish: ratsastaa
- French: monter à cheval
- German: reiten
- Greek: καβαλάω
- Italian: cavalcare
- Japanese: 乗る
- Korean: (탈것에) 타다
- Norwegian: ri
- Polish: pojechać jechać
- Portuguese: montar cavalo
- Romanian: a călări
- Russian: ехать
- Spanish: montar cabalgar
- Swedish: rida
- Thai: ขี่ เช่นขี่ม้า ขี่จักรยานหรือจักรยานยนต์
- Turkish: ata binmek
- Ukrainian: їхати
- Vietnamese: cưỡi
Translation of ride from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary