Hindi translation of scared
scaredPowered by COBUILD /skeəd स्केअड्/
Definitions and Translations
If you are scared of someone or something, you are frightened of them.भयभीतआतंकित ⇒ I'm certainly not scared of him. ⇒ I was too scared to move.
If you are scared that something unpleasant might happen, you are nervous and worried because you think that it might happen.भयभीत ⇒ I was scared that I might be sick. ⇒ He was scared of letting us down.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'scared'
The doctor asked if they'd put the nausea suppressant in and the nurses, wide-eyed and as scared as me, nodded.BLOOD IS DIRT (2002)
The generals were scared ; they feared losing their jobs, their income, their prestige.CHAMELEON (2002)
It scared her, not in shivers of panic, they were surface qualms.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
Trends of 'scared'
View usage over:
'scared' in Other Languages
- Arabic: خائِف
- Brazilian Portuguese: assustado assustada
- Chinese: 害怕的
- Croatian: uplašen uplašena
- Czech: vylekaný
- Danish: bange
- Dutch: bang
- European Spanish: asustado asustadamiedo
- Finnish: peloissaan
- French: effrayé
- German: verängstigt
- Greek: τρομαγμένος τρομαγμένη
- Italian: spaventato spaventata
- Japanese: 怖がった
- Korean: 겁먹은
- Norwegian: skremt
- Polish: przestraszony przestraszona
- Portuguese: assustado assustada
- Romanian: speriat speriat, speriată, speriați, speriate
- Russian: напуганный напуганная
- Spanish: asustado asustada
- Swedish: rädd
- Thai: ที่น่ากลัว
- Turkish: korkmuş
- Ukrainian: переляканий
- Vietnamese: sợ hãi
Translation of scared from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary