Hindi translation of 'sceptical'
sceptical [ Am skeptical] /ˈskeptɪkəl ˈस्केप्टिकल्/
If you are sceptical about something, you have doubts about it.
He took a sceptical view of the Government's intentions.
sceptical about/of something
a sceptical analyst/observer/expert/view/attitude
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'sceptical'
The watchman himself had been sceptical of Psalmanaazaar's story from the first, yet he had never been able to disbelieve it completely.Man's Loving Family
Okay,' he said as they both looked sceptical ,'I didn't want to know.YESTERDAY'S SHADOW (2002)
The third man was silent, but a faint, sceptical smile lifted his lips.Coffin on the Water
Trends of 'sceptical'
View usage over:
'sceptical' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُرْتاب
- Brazilian Portuguese: descrente
- Chinese: 怀疑的
- Croatian: skeptičan skeptična
- Czech: skeptický
- Danish: skeptisk
- Dutch: sceptisch
- European Spanish: escéptico escéptica
- Finnish: epäilevä
- French: sceptique
- German: skeptisch
- Greek: δύσπιστος δύσπιστη
- Italian: scettico scettica
- Japanese: 疑い深い
- Korean: 회의적인
- Norwegian: skeptisk
- Polish: sceptyczny sceptyczna
- Portuguese: cético
- Romanian: sceptic sceptic, sceptică, sceptici, sceptice
- Russian: скептический скептическая
- Spanish: escéptico escéptica
- Swedish: skeptisk skeptiskt
- Thai: น่าสงสัย
- Turkish: kuşkulu
- Ukrainian: скептичний
- Vietnamese: đa nghi
Translation of sceptical from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary