Hindi translation of 'sensible'
sensible /ˈsensɪbəl ˈसेन्सिबल्/
adjectiveBe careful not to use sensible to describe someone whose feelings or emotions are strongly affected by their experiences. The word you need is sensitive. ...a highly sensitive artist.
A sensible person is able to make good decisions and judgements based on reason.
It would be sensible to get a solicitor.
We need to make sure that the money is being spent sensibly.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'sensible'
She can't sit down and draw up a list of pros and cons, and decide what's most sensible.SEX (2001)
She was walking at a good clip, long legs in sensible flat pumps covering the ground confidently.THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
He liked talking about his plans out loud ---it made them seem more real and sensible.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
Trends of 'sensible'
View usage over:
'sensible' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَعْقول
- Brazilian Portuguese: sensato sensata
- Chinese: 明智的
- Croatian: razborit razborita
- Czech: rozumný
- Danish: følsom
- Dutch: verstandig
- European Spanish: sensato sensata
- Finnish: järkevä
- French: raisonnable
- German: vernünftig
- Greek: συνετός συνετή
- Italian: giudizioso giudiziosa
- Japanese: 分別のある
- Korean: 현명한
- Norwegian: fornuftig
- Polish: rozsądny rozsądna
- Portuguese: sensato sensata
- Romanian: rațional rațional, rațională, raționali, raționale
- Russian: благоразумный благоразумная
- Spanish: sensato sensata
- Swedish: förnuftig förnuftigt
- Thai: มีเหตุผล
- Turkish: sağduyulu
- Ukrainian: розумний
- Vietnamese: có óc xét đoán
Translation of sensible from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary